View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
ten movies I love many of you have never seen?

Dead Man - incredible black and white photography and philosophical storyline

Ikiru- everyone knows seven samurai and yojimbo, but this might be Kurosawa's best film

Ex-Machina- maybe the best film of last year and one of the most original scifi films in a long time

Juggernaut- 1970's Richard Harris stars in this great thriller about bombs aboard an ocean liner

Time Bandits- Terry Gilliam at the top of his game making odd, yet fun films

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone- total 80's space movie cheese, yet strangely delicious and satisfying cheese

Bubba Ho-Tep-an old Elvis and JFK fight an ancient mummy sucking the souls of the members of their retirement home. yep (see it for Bruce Campbell as Elvis and Ossie Davis as JFK)

Beyond the Black Rainbow- it takes me back to those weird psychedelic films of the late 60's early 70's where you don't really know what's going on but the mix of film and music are hypnotic

Colossus: The Forbin Project- The first "computer takes over the world" movie, really great hard sci-fi that obviously influenced The Terminator

Session 9 - very spooky movie from around 20 years back that somehow pulls off creepy without slamming weird visuals or gore at you every 5 seconds

I marked the three I have seen in BOLD:

Dead Man is awesome (Iggy Pop in a dress!)

Colossus: The Forbin Project - I saw it again a few years ago...and it was still effective and enjoyable - truly before it's time.

Time Bandits - I loved it, but have not seen it in years...sometimes when I wait too long, my individual taste has changed and I don't enjoy it as much...but, this IS Terry Gilliam - so I'll try.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 08-20-2016 at 06:53 PM.