View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'm sure they're not. But I would assume the average person running an auction house is more knowledgeable than the average collector. Plus they have the advantage of seeing the card in person. Spotting some of these, which may be authentic but altered cards in cracked or fake psa cases requires more than educating yourself a little on spotting common fakes.

It's too bad that buying a card from a major AH in an sgc or PSA holder is no longer a guareantee you're getting what you're paying for.
I don't disagree. My only point, and I really don't know why people take issue with it, is that a collector considering making a major purchase ought to take a little time to educate himself taking advantage of all the resources available to do so.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.