View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Thought this was supposed to be a community that looked out for each other's common interests? I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that Greg should have kept his mouth shut until someone bought the card without knowledge of its history.

You seem to be able to walk in John's shoes for a mile, try on the moccasins of the buyer who may have unknowingly spent a small fortune on the card. Do we just keep passing the buck until the game of musical DiMaggio is over and someone is left holding the bag?
Scott: You and I and many others agree to this. The truth is the defense for outing the card. If someone said something untruthful about a past sale which hurt the value thats a different story.

What if the card sold to a Net54 member who doesnt 'live on the board' and had not checked awhile. Then after the sale the card was 'outed' dont you think that buyer would of wanted their money back. I disagree with anyone who thinks it was wrong to out the card during the auction.

Also name calling from John is pretty ridiculous given the post I wrote he is responding too. Several posters agree that a $7500 expected profit was not realistic. Some posters say that the prior sale would not of impacted their bidding as well. In any event, it was just an opinion that many agree with and not sure why there would be insults to that. You have admitted on this thread 'that you have been a bit of a jerk'.

I hope the person that bought the card knew about the cards history if he didnt live on the board/site. Also i have made several posts there that i dont believe the card was sold as a fraud. Peter has been arguing with me when I have said a PSA 7 was sold and PSA 7 was purchased, so its not like i have an agenda against the sale.

I also notice that the board doesnt need my help when there is lively discussion (720 posts and counting) Peter has said when you are losing an argument you tend to curse and say profanities. ]

In any event, I do think the post by John was uncalled for and he said he doesnt care if he is banned...but im sure he is sorry for his behavior and wants to post more here..

This was my post and his post responding for reference:

So[B][B] you would rather have someone buy the card without knowing the prior sale. People look at net54 everyday. It is forseeable that someone would post the prior sale on that card during the auction.

You just seem to be complaining for the wrong reason. I dont think anyone on the board besides you will say it was bad that Greg brought up the prior sale. I guess you wish he brought it up AFTER the auction? The winner could of returned the card and asked for a refund if went for 60k.

So if the thread started after the sale the net effect may of been the same. I guess you wanted something to post that past sale AFTER the potential refund period expired.
I get why you are upset in general but dont understand why you are upset at the timing of the information of the thread and you did Make a Thousand dollars and the buyer may have been fully informed as well and wont ask for a refund. I just think you are mad at the wrong people.
Also again, i guess i am crazy because i still dont think the card goes for 7500 more than what you paid for it a short time ago and nobody else bothered to bid higher than you and give up a 'sure $5000'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
Ok Jake, you don't think this thread hurt the card at least 7500 bucks?
Cmon, seriously ?!? I don't care if I get banned from this site, as you can tell from my measly 67 posts in 4 years I don't live on this site like you.
So go F yourself!, better yet have Greg do it for you. Loser! Get a life you spend way too much time arguing nonsense on this message board!

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-19-2017 at 08:22 AM.