View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default More BBCs seen in Movies:

I'm always fascinated when I notice specific Baseball cards show up in various movies.

My cable company has been playing two movies frequently this month:

'Good Will Hunting' & 'The Accountant'

One, 'GWH' of course, is an older movie and I don't know why I didn't notice the cards before.

They aren't actually cards, but rather, what appears to be a poster of some sort including cards from various sets. The two my old eyes can recognized in the quick looks they are visible were a Cracker Jack Joe Jackson and a 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig...perhaps a Play Ball DiMaggio and a 1952 Bowman Mantle, but I could not swear to that.

In the 'Accountant', Ben sometimes accepts payment other than cash for his services - including a Jackson Pollock painting. But his RV where he stores all this also includes a set of drawers to die for: One has several graded Baseball cards and again, with the old peepers' limitations, I could only recognize a Cracker Jack Mathewson on the far right and perhaps a T205 Mathewson to it's left.

What cards have you seen in movies? I know of several others but I'd like to hear how many you other guys have spotted.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 06-15-2017 at 10:17 PM.