View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
No, I would not support a decision to hire Bill or Doug. Different crimes committed, or at least severity. And as you well know, that is why the sentencing guidelines were different.

But yes, answering any question why there is support for someone who did what Mark did, is setting oneself up for disaster. That is why there are crickets. I know all 3 of them, I would only support Mark being hired....not that my support matters or not. I think Mark was lead down a bad path and don't think he will do it again. That is my opinion. I am not saying he didn't know what he was doing when he did it. He did and paid for it.
My mom used to say " if your friends jump off the Brooklyn bridge are you going to jump too?" In response to my telling her I did the wrong thing because my friends were doing it. It drives home the point that our integrity is our own to be in or out of alignment with based on decisions we alone make.

There are moments in life where we are faced with decisions to violate or stay aligned with our integrity. If Mark is as "good" a guy as some say - he fell flat on his face with this one. He has been accountable (questionable as to if that was of his own accord or forced because he was caught), but as mentioned earlier - has he made restitution to those he harmed? Did he receive financial rewards for his actions? Did he share as much of the story as he knew with those prosecuting the case to help fill in the blanks of the destroyed records?

I am first in line for forgiveness. It is not my place to judge others. Forgiveness also allows me to live with a lighter heart. I have a retail business and people have stolen from me. I have forgiven all of them ( I have not communicated that to some as the forgiveness first and foremost is about my freedom from their actions). I also have not allowed them back into a position where they could steal from me again. I was shilled by Mastro auctions (1time that I caught them in and refused to pay for the lot that the prior night it said I was outbid on). I am sure I was shilled other times as well. I forgive them. I also don't/wouldn't choose to do business with them again when they finish their time.

I don't know mark nor choose to judge him. I pray that he has learned from his mistakes and will find it easier to stay aligned with his integrity. I am uncomfortable that he has a position in an auction house I have bid with recently.