View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 07:49 AM
Al Richter

I was recently one of those idiot buyers ( I do not sell on ebay). Seller's title offered a blank front card. I do not collect blank backs or fronts but the two scans in the listing showed both a regular front and regular back of a card. I was looking at examples of that card for a recuring print defect and the front scan had what I was looking for so I bought it ( not expensive at all )

Got two cards from seller. One was a blank front as advertised, the other was a regular version of the card but without the print defect in the scan. I sent pm asking seller if he had the card in the scan. He pointed out his listing was for a blank front version of the card which he delivered and the second card was an unstated bonus of sorts....and no he did not have the card front pictured in the scan. So I just added the blank front card to my set and wrote it off to inattention on my part....or failure to ask questions about the scans.

Because I often search listings for recuring print defects, usually on inexpensive common cards, I do not pay as much attention to either the title or the description as I should. On a couple of occasions I have made purchases only to find out that the scans I relied on we're stock photos, and such was mentioned somewhere in the listing

But, I have never returned a card or asked for any refunds in any of these situations. Hard to blame a seller for poor buying habits on my part

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 02-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.