View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I think it should hold its value. The only thing that would give me hesitation is the possibility of a PED scandal with his name attached to it at some point in the future. Guess that comes with the territory of any player playing today though. I know Jack Clark accused Pujols of using but I've never seen any evidence of it and am not saying I think he used, I have no idea. There's so many players from this era that we just will never know for sure on. I would think the Pujols RC's should be safe as long as no evidence ever came out against him. Just my opinion. Obviously Mcgwire, Bonds, and ARod cards got hammered when evidence came out.
Jack Clark's accusation was allegedly based upon what Pujols' trainer told him--why would the trainer or Clark lie in this respect? Clark only backed down when Pujols threatened a law suit, which surely would have been ill-advised from Albert's standpoint, since the trainer could be compelled to testify, and if he took the 5th, granted immunity (I hardly think that he would be willing to go to jail a la Bonds' guy). Also, Pujols is a public figure, which from a legal standpoint means a showing of malice on Clark's part would have to have been made. Pujols was bluffing, and Clark should have called him on it. Plus, I've seen Albert in a tight-fitting T-shirt, and he's as big as Canseco ever was.

Just my 2 cents,

Larry A. Smith

Last edited by ls7plus; 10-02-2015 at 04:27 PM.