View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post
"Only" is a very relative term, I suppose. Either 350 or 499 would not even be considered scarce in the context of prewar. From the standpoint of all-time icons, it is grossly overpriced. Examples: 1939 V351 Worldwide Gum Ted Williams rookie, with a total of just 3 graded by both PSA and SGC--recent sale of one example in SGC Ex (to me) at $4,050; 1907 Dietsche Fielding Pose Cobb rookie--with I believe a total of 8 graded by both PSA and SGC (its been some months since I last checked)--recent sale of one in PSA Ex, according to one dealer with a lesser-graded example at the National for $8,000. IMHO, this card is either likely to be static or fall in value in the long run, while examples similar to and including the above are likely to appreciate at a significant to substantial rate.

Just my two cents worth, and happy collecting,

Larry
Sound logic there Larry! However your assumption presumes collectors will act logically

Sometimes, things are too rare for their own good. I agree with your sentiment and value the true rarities a great deal myself!

Last edited by yanksfan09; 10-08-2015 at 06:14 PM.