Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
Thanks so much for the info on the Wilbur Shaw game and the Schaefer 500 cards. There is not a lot of information to be found online about either set.

I can believe what you are said about the Wilbur Shaw game board being far more common than the driver cards from the game. I did see that Ripley Auctions had a Shaw game (without any cards) for auction back in May.

By the way, is the http://www.indy500autographs.com/ site your website? I have spent a ton of time looking at the autographs pictured on that site.
Hello, I was at that Ripley auction and hoped to win the board but it went for more than I wanted to pay at the time.

I have several of the game cards but I am looking for more, I think those, as I mentioned to Kin, are really an untapped collectible.

The website isn’t mine unfortunately. That is my good friend Jim Vogel’s site. He’s also a fellow member of the “500 club” , those of us who have autographs of at least 500 of the 784 Indianapolis 500 starting drivers. He has a great website, great resource.