Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 02:16 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500autographs View Post
Hello, yes that is me. I am so pleased you enjoy the articles.

I enjoy doing them, I am hoping to branch out into longer blogs/articles, podcasts, similar to what Kin has done and the gentleman from Prewarsports who I am not aware of his actual name.

As far as Ray Harroun goes, there really is very little of his stuff on the market, I have only come across 15 to 20 in 30 years of collecting.

One potential reason is that he really wasn't as big of a deal until they made him the centerpiece of a lot of the celebrations in 1961, so from then on he signed more until his health declined and he passed away, but while he was there in 1951 at the Borg-Warner party, he really wasn't "feted" until 1961 when he started signing more.
Thank you for the information and joining the thread. A podcast concerning your collection and some of the great rarities (aside from the drivers who do not have any examples) would be something I would definitely listen to.

I also think what Formula 1 does with their "Beyond The Grid" podcast with former/current drivers and owners makes for a great listen as well. I have been binge listening to "Beyond the Grid" over the past several months.

Last edited by Bored5000; 10-09-2021 at 02:17 PM.