View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Scott

It really is a shame. Not to discredit JSA or PSA, but it seems, especially on the rare stuff, that prices are low, collector confidence low, and chances to sell VERY Low without Certs from those two "big ones". PLenty of items that are authenticated by guys like Richard Simon, Kevin Keating, and others doesn't have the collector confidence, despite them being VERY credible authenticators.

Ebay weeds out the crappy authenticators, yet so much garbage still gets on there and again, JSA and PSA get the VERY High fees, not just because of their 'expertise",but because THEY CAN based on ebay and others tooting their horn so loudly.

Its crazy too. I have a Billy Martin signed GPC that I tried selling on here, and David Atkatz looked at it and said it was fine. But, I couldn't sell it, and It would cost me way more than its worth/what I paid for it, to have one of those guys authenticate. yeah, its not a huge name, but a VERY Popular one, now Im not sure how to proceed, so I can make a profit. its all just crazy.