View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I am almost at a loss for words. someone likes a company for their 1 hour martinizing service, another because they shook his hand, another because the sticker goes here and not there. how about whether or not the ball is actually real and whether a company is actually good at determining such a fact?

You just assume they will get it right, so let's grade all the perks in making the decision. How about looking under the hood instead of seeing if the service dept. has free donuts sitting out?
+1

Two older stories that bear repeating,,,
D-e-l-e-h-a-n-t-y,,, I think most of you know what I am referring to.
The item in question sold in auction for only $30,000.

And one more,,, this story relayed to me by a very well known dealer,,,who allowed me to quote him by name on my web site but I won't use his name here.
two George Bush TLS's were in a large auction, which was authenticated by PSA.
Both were autopens using the same autopen pattern. Both received a PSA COA.
All they had to do was to lay one on top of the other to see that they were autopen signatures. The dealer who bought them did exactly that when he received his winning items. The auction house did make an immediate refund.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-19-2011 at 04:54 PM.