View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Questions for Set Collectors

Posted By: Shawn Adkins

For me, the most invigorating part of set building is the chase. There is something about searching everywhere for those last few cards (or card) to fill out your album. Of course this is quite a bit easier now with the mighty internet than it was in 1980 when I first started collecting cards.

Background information on any set that I chase is a must which is just a personal preference on really getting to know what I am spending so much time (and money) to create. Fun is defined differently for each of us but I enjoy the little things about the cards themselves, their background, their elusiveness and every detail in between. Understanding each variation and trying to determine each minute detail in their creation from an era that has long passed.

While browsing my completed work is quite enjoyable it is not uncommon for me to break down a set just to rebuild it again, especially one I really enjoy as much as the T205 set. Turner, send me an email, I have the cards you need to complete your set. Don't give up on that Hoblitzell no stats card, it's not as unreachable as you might think.

Shawn