View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Lance wins the prize. You are correct as the original letter came from the Heritage auction, and as you stated, these are not the Ruth and Gehrig autographs shown with that letter.

Good job Lance!

I also wrote CC and explained the situation to them, along with a link to the original auction at Heritage. Will see if they remove those two auctions, or at least the PSA certs.

Description from the Heritage auction. Exactly as the letter shown on CC.

-----------------------------------------------

Description:
1934 New York Yankees Team Signed Autograph Album with Ruth, Gehrig. Though this edition of the Bronx Bombers did not capture the American League flag, it stands in history as one of the most noteworthy due to its status as the last to feature the rotund Ruth. The Babe appears as one of twenty-six signatures from the '34 Yanks, his blue fountain pen ink rating 8/10, alone on a removed album page bearing a clipped newspaper image of his perpetually smiling face. Also standing alone, and similarly decorated, is a page featuring Gehrig's 9/10 ink offering. Still housed in the album are pages for Sewell (9/10), Combs (9/10), Gomez (9/10), Ruffing (7/10 due to some staining), and Joe McCarthy (9/10), who shares space with Bump Hadley and one other. A few scattered autographs from visiting players share space within the antique volume.

Remove the auctions??? This will happen either when I'm riding my flying pig or ice skating across Hell! Has anyone EVER seen CC remove an auction?

Ken