View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Josh

Default New to Community & Help on Brooklyn Bat!

Hello everyone!

My name is Josh and I've recently joined the Net54 community. Having perused the many different spaces on this site over the last handful of days has made me realize how late I am to the game - I wish I had taken the time to seek out spaces like these a long time ago, but nevertheless, I'm happy that day is now here. In short, I'm happy to be among others who share a genuine passion and appreciation of all things vintage baseball!

With that being said, I wanted to share (as well as consult some help) on a recent purchase I made at a local antique shop. I was able to pick up what I believe to be a Louisville Slugger commemorative "black bat" that were distributed to players and those associated with the team that secured either the World Championship and/or American/National League pennant. What's particularly special about the bat I purchased is that it is from the Brooklyn Dodger team that captured the 1947 NL pennant - that, of course, being best remembered for Robinson's first year in MLB.

I have attached a number of photos detailing the bat from different angles, being sure to capture most (if not all) of the branded player names and signatures. I'm hoping this bat to be authentic, as this would be an amazing cornerstone to my Brooklyn collection. With that, if anyone is willing to take the time to look over my photos and offer any/all insight on this particular bat, I would be graciously indebted.

Please let me know if any further information would be needed on this bat - and again, of course, I look forward to getting to know everyone in this community! Sending my best!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1947bat1.jpg (84.6 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat2.jpg (79.8 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat3.jpg (77.9 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat4.jpg (80.3 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat5.jpg (79.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat6.jpg (76.4 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat7.jpg (80.7 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg 1947bat8.jpg (76.1 KB, 202 views)