View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Scott:

Amazing array of No-Hit Tickets... you must have the best collection in existence! I don't mean to hijack the BoSox thread, but a quick diversion...

Do you have the Armando Galarraga Ticket from when he was "jobbed" a couple of years ago? I've been meaning to ask about this, and the Harvey Haddix game as well. Even though neither qualifies as a No-Hitter, it seems like they'd make interesting additions to your incredible collection.

Then again, if you tried to collect every "near" No-Hit stub, you'd probably go nuts.

Thanks!
Mark
Thanks Mark!

Yes, I actually do have both Harvey Haddix and Armando Galarraga's near perfect game. I'm sure that you're not shocked by this revelation.

BTW, I view what defines a no-hitter game differently than what the current philosophy is by MLB. I started collecting no-hitter tickets in 1972. What defined what was a no-hitter game when I began collecting was much different than the current parameters that went into effect in 1991. I collect tickets to any official ML game where a hit was not allowed. I have games that are shortened, unofficial no-hitters that the game ran less than 9 innings as well as no-hit games that the no-hitter was broken up in extra innings, ala Harvey Haddix, Mark Gardner, Pedro Martinez et al.

I actually do have the largest no-hitter ticket collection going by perhaps 40%. I know mostly all of the top collectors of this theme. I'm fortunate because many years of networking with other collectors has given me a great opportunity to add tickets that are scarce and new to the hobby.

You might be surprised that a have a smaller collection of tickets to no-hitter games that were lost in the 9th inning. The ultimate pitching frustration! What can I say, I'm a sick puppy!

Rather than post pictures of the Haddix and Galarraga near perfect game tickets here, I'll do it in another separate post so as to not clutter up the Boston thread. This will also give me an opportunity to post a few related items that I have not shown before to the Galarraga near perfect game.

As always, thanks for your interest!