View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb67 View Post
With the way prices are going I think a small wrinkle/crease (as long as it still has eye-appeal) will become more accepted. Personally I am ok with a small crease or spidering if the card still has good eye-appeal. My Aaron rookie as an example. The tiny crease on the left side almost half-way down is hardly noticed and some denting on the bottom corners does not take away from the eye-appeal to me. I'm sure those flaws might really bother some collectors but with the way HOF rookie cards are exploding in price I think collectors will be willing to live with the imperfections of a crease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
Thanks for responses so far. the poll as of now shows:

70% PSA 4, with spider wrinkle
5% PSA 6, off registration
25% PSA 7, off-centered

A good distinction has been made between people considering PSA 4 cards for really high-end and/or scarce cards, where allowances are more likely for creases/wrinkles - "you take what you can get", versus if a card is plentiful and relatively affordable, many collectors would still prefer a card without a crease.

Also, definitely a crease through a face is far worse than a spider wrinkle on a border or away from the portrait area of the card.
Case in point above.

Who wouldn't accept that card if they were looking unless they had way more money than most of us and could wait for a better copy.