View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Matt

Default Reggie Jackson jerseys...

Guys...……….I'm looking for some help on these 2 'Reggie Jackson' jerseys. I'm thinking they're higher quality 'salesman samples', but maybe you'll have more information. Neither jersey has a year 'flag tag'. Both have light wear and a few minimal marks/stains.

The NY jersey is the correct manufacturer, but is not chain stitched with Reggie's name in the collar and is probably at least a size too small. The jersey is a high quality professional level shirt with everything sewn on. Would these have been available for retail sale back in the late 1970's to early 1980's?

The A's pullover is a Rawlings and not the normal A's manufacturer of choice for gamers, McAuliffe. It is also a high quality professional caliber jersey with everything sewn on. I did find that Rawlings might have made the 'alternate' yellow jersey's for the A's in 1972, but they have horizontal names sewn on the back and yellow and green arm bands. Also, I think Jackson wore a size 42 during this time period.

Any further information or opinions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance...…...Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1805.jpg (62.9 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1806.jpg (61.4 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1809.jpg (60.8 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1811.jpg (60.4 KB, 295 views)