View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 02:13 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
I wish this would happen, but we are in a period of show decline, not increase. so i see almost no chance of additional successful nationals emerging. Again I wish they would but I don't see much chance of this happening it has become an internet world wether we like it or not. Most major dealers and auction houses used to do 30 to 50 shows a year many are now at less than 10. Shows are dying it is sad as i love them but I see almost 0 chance of 4 nationals unless almost al major regional shows disappear and this is all we get as far as major shows. I also believe much of the increased REA presence is due to new ownership being more aggressive and seeing the opportunity to create more revenue for themselves with a third auction, which again major auctions and ebay are the main thing killing shows.
Glen:

When Mike Berkus was still with us, he explained in detail why we were not in Anaheim. And don't you think he would have loved doing a show in his home town area. I agree with you that Anaheim does check almost every box for a National except for getting most dealers east of the Mississippi there. It's also a good venue for events such as a Net 54 dinner

Rich