View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Pup6913

Default T205 Blank Back concerns.

A few yrs back I was contacted by Dick Towle regarding a lot of T205's he believed to be blank back scraps. After several calls and emails I got scans and knew right away my dreams or getting the largest BB T205 find was not gonna happen. I discussed a lot of info with him and also passed the warning once these hit the hobby they would surface again and fraud could be at play. I am not saying it is deliberate by any means since we all have had our cases of misidentified cards. The first buyer sells a few, next guy sells some from that group, cards go off radar, someone buys a few being led to believe they are BB, then bam I am almost 99.999999% sure the T205 BB on the BST is one of them. I don't have my old computer that had scans of the group anymore. Maybe Mr Towle will still have them.

BB are not thin enough to see the front through
You can see scuffing of paper on the upper back boarder
Separation chipping on the bottom
Front top edge looks frayed from being soaked and removed like the others

I am not trying to stop a transaction(great buy BTW. card worth several thousand for $500) but I believe I am right about this one. I may also be wrong so I would like to hear feedback in regards to this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg McConnell-Blankb.jpg (33.7 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg McConnell-Blanka.jpg (47.6 KB, 289 views)

Last edited by Pup6913; 05-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.