View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 07:45 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birken View Post
Before you haters chime in...let me state my case.

Think about what the early 1900's looked like. Limited technology as we know it, death, disease, deplorable conditions, etc.
Ben

When you start off a post on this forum such as you did, it just doesn't go over to well.

First, were you alive in 1912 when the T207's were issued ? My parents, Aunt and Uncle were, and they certainly did not paint such a grim picture as your litany of negative events.
On the contrary, they would reminisce of a time (they were teenagers back then) when life in this country was vital and promising and people were very friendly.

Anyhow, I just could not understand where you were coming from with your preface to this subject of T207 cards. OK, here is where I'm coming from. I've been an avid Sportscard
set collector for more than 40 years. After I put together two T206 sets in the 1980's and 1990's, I began collecting T207's. I really enjoyed the challenge provided by this set, and
especially seeing and reading bios of ballplayers I had not known. For example, that "toughie", Louis Lowdermilk. Why did it cost me big $$$$ to get a BB card of a pitcher who had
a career W-L record of 4-5 ?

Anyway, I completed this T207 set, and eventually sold it with the exception of this Chet "Red" Hoff card. I kept Hoff for several reasons.....he was part of my Yankees collection....
at the time of his death (1998), he was the oldest former Major League ballplayer at age 107....and, I loved that he said the highlight of his career as a 20-year old pitcher, the first
batter he faced, was Ty Cobb, and Hoff struck him out on three straight pitches.

T-Rex TED

T206 Reference