View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Ben

Ted,

I very much appreciate your post. The title of this post was intentionally designed to be controversial and illicit the debate that has followed. The truth is, there is no one greatest T set or any other baseball set for that matter as it is all subjective to those who collect.

Your parent's experience (my grandparents experience) were vastly different. Neither of us were alive during that time. All of our current experiences are shaped by our past or some knowledge thereof. My grandparents experience (as Irish immigrants) was like the movie "Gangs of New York", so this is what shapes my perceptions of the early 1900s in America...not a place I would want to live in.

I agree it was a great time of hope and new beginnings in America, but it was also a time of shortened life expectancy due to disease, unsanitary conditions, the world on the verge of WW 1, etc. For the wealthy, the experience was obviously different.

The T207s imo capture that feel very well or at least my perception of that time. While I belive that T206, T205, etc are beautiful full color cards, I think sometimes that they are almost too colorful and don't truly reflect the experiences of the masses in the early 1900s which is why I am drawn to T207s and the fact that i find it boring looking at the same Cobb pose again and again and again through multiple Tobacco and E sets. I hope that I have clarified my position to your satisfaction.

I like to learn and I do not judge.

Ben

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk