View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Jay T.

I would go with someone with raw ability and lower age to gauge future ability.

Carlos Correa is the gem from last year's rookie crop in my opinion. He is so young and his play is at a higher level. I might also add that Miguel Sano also has an amazing amount of pop in his bat (more than Bryant) but he too struck out quite a bit.
That being said, Bryant did destroy minor league pitching but he struck out about 1 in every 3 at bats despite hitting over .320.

Being a Mets fan, I rave about Michael Conforto. He hit the second hardest ball (by exit velocity) last season and the ball I saw him hit in Atlanta (a line drive HR that was the hardest hit ball I'd ever seen). Plus his strikeouts/BB ratio wasn't outrageous.

I don't buy into the Bryant hype, and I think the strikeouts are a big problem with him. I kind of feel that will keep him from a lofty batting average. I expect him to have decent power, but never reach the potential people expect from him. At some point, the strikeouts are just going to get in his way.