View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 11:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yeap.
You know more than I do about the subject, Mike. But that has been my observation too. Not long ago I sold an extreme miscut (2 almost half cards on front) and it had several punch holes and creases. It sold quickly for a pretty penny. It will be interesting to see where this one goes this Sunday ast auction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
I respectfully disagree.

In the world of freaks/errors. Having the variation noted on the flip has always been very important to the people collecting them (ask Johhny V, Jamie, Wonka [wherever he may be], Scott & Hank, etc)...and the "AUTH" designation usually has gone hand in hand with that, and more desirable, as it typically denotes a true "scrap" that wasn't put into packs. (Where's Johnny V?, he can wax poetry about all this).

I can't speak to whether or not SGC has stopped doing that, but I can tell you that I was the first person to get them to start doing it around 10 years ago. I had a discussion with Dave Foreman and others at SGC at a show; I had several printing errors with me (missing color, upside down back, multi-strike, etc). They told me they had never added those descriptors before, but they thought it was fine to start doing it, thus mine were the very first ones they did it with.

(Incidentally, I like this card a lot...no issue there).