View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I prefer to find the earliest example of a persons sig that I can find and I have a bias that leans heavily toward fountain pen signatures. At times I will upgrade for exactly this reason.

That being said, as Mike already stated, sometimes the later example of a player's script may be the only version you can find. In this case, I would be more than happy to add it to my collection if it filled a hole.

BTW, regarding Bullet Joe Bush. Here are a few examples of his signatures through the years. A signed photo of Bullet Joe probably signed in the early- mid 1960's. A typical later example of his signature on a 3 x 5, circa 1970. An unusual signed check whith his given name Leslie Ambrose Bush. Finally, an earlier example of his signature, circa 1953, on a GPC in fountain pen where his script doesn't show the typical shakiness that you see so often. This example is far more challenging to find, FWIW...
Thanks for posting those Scott. The 3x5 I saw that prompted me to start this thread was exactly like the circa 1970 you posted.

I don't think you would find anyone (at least I don't think) that would prefer a shaky signature over a steady one-- unless it's one of the last few signatures that person ever gave. Reminds me of Kevin Keating's story and his buddy Warren Spahn.