View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McMurry View Post
I respect your opinion and agree on some points,but please dont compare todays players to HoFer's personal flaws from 40-80 years ago. No matter how mean they were, or how much they drank, their performance on the field was NATURAL ABILITY and the numbers in the record books are legit. The players of today? who knows what numbers are real or enhanced by PED's. Baseball to me is that Joe Dimaggio looking kid next door who is a natural ball player, not the muscle bound roid head that gives us the equivilent of beer league softball. jmo
If you think none of those guys would have taken steroids, were they as readily available and widely used as they were in the 90's, then I will respectfully say that you are kidding yourself.

You can look at steroids merely as cheating, or you can look at it from the angle of players doing whatever it takes to be the best. Either way, if they had been available in the 30s, you can bet that hundreds of MLBers would have taken them in that era and every era since.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all