View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post
Wow just a bunch of fraud and scamming going on. Like seriously, who in there right mind can honestly think they can buy an A+ example of a Clemente auto ball for $350?

Hell, for a little over a grand you can get signed balls from Clemente, Mathewson, Jackie Robinson and Chief Bender. Amazing!!!
This is one big Ponzi scheme. Not quite Bernie Madoff levels but certainly at the level of the Tulip Mania in The Netherlands in the 17th Century.
One item can pass through the hands of half a dozen scammers, each marking it up, before a know nothing person winds up with it at a high price, thinking it has a COA, how could it be bad? And I can send little Julie to college if I hold it for 12 more years.
The roster of pathetic criminals in this business just grows every day. What is scary is that the outlets they avail themselves of is also growing every day. The auction site pointed out by Travis was news to me. These type places seem to be springing up like weeds every day.
They also had a Ruth baseball box signed, a Harry Heilmann ss ball, a Lou Gehrig signed twice ledger page, all selling for a few hundred dollars. All with the usual cast of COA's.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-03-2012 at 11:26 AM.