View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbegs View Post
Fred,

My last post, after re reading it, sounds dooshy. Sorry. What I mean is this - I'd like to see the Sporting News where the photo was originally inserted or something more meaningful. An invoice, order form, someone who pulled it from a box (or however it was acquired, since that seems to be in question as well). I am motivated purely by curiosity. It's a pretty interesting card with a pretty interesting story. As a Mickey Mantle fan, I don't care if it was released in 51 or 55 - I'd just like to know.

And 95% is a pretty high degree of certainty, anyway.

I think we've seen four so far - all graded. Anyone else got one? Anyone have an ungraded copy or copies? Let's see em!
I sold my ungraded copy a while back, but it was pretty well worn--I wish I had a photo of it. As for pulling these from a box, etc., I think that is highly unlikely. I honestly am not sure these were ever directly distributed to the public. If you look at the pop reports, the vast majority of these are in high grade, suggesting that they could have made there way directly into the hands of adult collectors. The one I had was one of the only ones I've seen that exhibited real use and looked to have been out there in the general public for some period of time. Just my thoughts.