View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Default To Display Or Not Display.............

Posted By: Dan Paradis

When I finished my basement off a few years ago I decided to display sport memorabilia in "theme" rooms. The basement FR is for baseball, theater room is for football and downstairs bathroom for basketball. At first I collected paintings, autographed memorabilia, etc (because they displayed well). I only decided to get back into card collecting because I also decided to display them in custom cases in the theme rooms (I personally wasn't interested in collecting cards unless they would be displayed). The nice thing about these rooms is that they are in the basement. There is very little sunlight that enters the room. I also installed additional sensors on my burglar alarm system to protect the cases (along with video camera's).

For the more expensive cards I bought cheap SGC/PSA graded cards, neatly opened the case, replaced the card with a copy of the expensive card and displayed a copy (original stored at the bank).

Oh, I also created a Boston Red Sox theme room in my office (not a happy room today).

Here's a few pictures of the rooms: