View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Howard Chasser

Default sending cards to PSA

1) Nice group of cards - the only one I would think twice about is the Maris All Star - it is really poorly cut/centered.

2) The $500 ceiling is 1 for insurance purposes - in the rare case that anything happens to a card. You do not get charged more if the card gets a grade that makes it worth more than $500. That said - I have sent cards in that in my opinion were significantly under graded when they would have been worth more than the "value ceiling" of my submission. Not accusing PSA of anything, just really curious to me. I would submit as you planned and know you always have the option of cracking a card out of its holder and resubmitting - if the grade(s) seem that off.

3) Packing and shipping - I would stack all the cards together and sandwich them between 2 pieces of cardboard - tape the bundle securely with plastic packing tape. Place the bundle in a baggie. Use a box large enough to surround the cards with 2-3 inches of foam/bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts. I would compare the cost of priority mail versus registered mail - the declared value of the package will make a large difference - the greater the value, the more it makes sense to send registered.

Good luck - AWESOME collection! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Howard