View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnatiusJReilly View Post
I have made best offers to Probstein and received a response in 24 hours. I didn’t write anything in the notes except “thanks for considering”. He came back with a reasonable counter, which was something like 15% off the original BIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto this. I've BO'd to Probstein before, offering a tad higher than previous sale but below the ask (a scarcer-volume type item that had no public sale recorded in about 2 years, which is why I was somewhat impatient to wait for something to come around to live auction). They answered back in about a day (definitely not the same hour) b/c for sure they work plenty of volume, with a counter and we settled also about 15% under their Ask and if I recall about 15% above the prior recorded sale per VCP.

I also concur with both opposing replies regarding the comment section, that it doesn't hurt to give a reminder about sales, so they know you know your stuff, but also agree it isn't necessary, since from just these two samples we can begin forming a theory that they may set the Ask at a consistent premium to prior sales, and so can 'do the math' on any offer without troubling themselves to look it up again, no matter how much volume they handle. I surmise that is by design.

(no personal experience with PWCC BINs, and also can't recall seeing one, but maybe they don't commonly operate that way in my niche.)