View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 12:51 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I do not really collect tickets, but I do pick up a few that I find interesting and at what I consider a good price.

Bob Hayes wins the 100m dash at the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo. Still the only man to win an Olympic gold medal and a Super Bowl. (Michael Carter of the 49ers won a silver in shotput in 1984 and Super Bowl ring 5 month later)

The United States wins the gold medal in basketball at the 1968 Olympics. The team features 2015 Basketball Hall of Famers Spencer Haywood and Jo Jo White along with future star Charlie Scott.

Relative unknown Lindy Remigino of Hartford CT and Manhattan College wins the 100m dash at the 1952 Olympics in Helsinki. He barely made the U.S. team (by photofinish at the trials). He wins the finals in a photofinish in the closest 100m final in Olympic history. He wins by one inch. The final was so close that the 4th place finisher was only 14 inches behind.

Joan Benoit wins the inaugural women's Olympic marathon. A challenging ticket to find as it is the only athletics final that started that early. All others were in the afternoon.

Ticket to the memorial ceremony for the slain Israeli athletes and coaches at the 1972 Olympics. All athletic (track and field) events were cancelled that day. The 10 am admission ticket which would have been for preliminaries and heats was instead the admission ticket for the ceremony which was held in the Olympic Stadium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hayes-bobredo.jpg (18.4 KB, 687 views)
File Type: jpg 68-basketbalredol.jpg (54.3 KB, 689 views)
File Type: jpg remiginoredo.jpg (65.4 KB, 687 views)
File Type: jpg benoitredo.jpg (30.3 KB, 685 views)
File Type: jpg 72-memorial-ceremonyredo.jpg (35.0 KB, 690 views)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-05-2015 at 01:07 AM.