View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Curt

Not too long after I was introduced to baseball cards and was discovering the crisp 1978 Topps set design for the first time, I took a great liking to a 1967 Topps Mickey Mantle that a collecting friend's older brother had. Something about that card appealed to me. Not sure now, because I see now that it was not a very flattering card for The Mick. I would also learn that the 67T Brooks Robinson was not an easy card to get, as all of the ads selling star cards always showed this one much more than most of it's counterparts.

I was able to get the Mantle eventually, although not from my friend's brother. It was probably after I was reintroduced to collecting as an adult after a short break and had some spare income to spend. Robinson took me considerably longer to obtain.

I still like the simple design of the 1967 Topps with the large colored block team names. Hard to believe those were only 11 years old at the time. That is like a 2006 card is to a new card today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 166988.jpg (38.5 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg Brooks1967-212x300.jpg (20.3 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by mrmopar; 06-01-2017 at 06:06 PM.