View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 08:22 AM
John

Hi Robert, Great news you are diving in! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

My only real card project right now is the Chicle set. I'm 5 cards away, but I'm also working on upgrades at the same time as some nice ones have become available recently at relatively low prices (relative to where they were recently at least). Also looking forward to some time around the holidays to finally finish putting my best of each example from the 84 Topps set (pulled this from packs as a kid) into binders (that's an out of town project - started last Christmas). I only had to buy 1 card from eBay to finish, but I think I still need some inserts - heading into the home stretch on that one at least. No plans to upgrade as I want the ones I collected.

I also really like early NFL and semi-pro (specifically Ohio teams like the Tanks and Armcos) history (specifically 1920-1939). Other than the Chicle set and a few scattered single NFL players here and there (Star Player Candy, Spalding, some strip cards), one would have to dive into other collectables like matchbooks, photos, programs, etc. and I'm not sure if I'll take that plunge yet. Maybe someday.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 11-30-2015 at 08:24 AM.