View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Hopefully he'll be forced to sell his collection

Whilst we appreciate great collections, we find particularly satisfying that one of the many voices of the ultra left has been silenced. Perhaps, with a bit of luck, that silence will last a long-long time...and the prices on high grade
Kalazamoo Bats, Four Base Hits and other 19th century will come down as quickly as the liberals have been silenced.

There is justice after all.

We do buy from ultra-liberals

MSNBC suspends Keith Olbermann
Anchor made contributions to the Democratic party

By Ted Johnson
Keith Olbermann

Olbermann

Keith Olbermann has been suspended indefinitely without pay for making compaign contributions to three Democratic candidates this cycle.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin issued a terse statement in which he said, "I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay."

Politico reported on Friday that Olbermann donated $2,400 each to two Arizona representatives, Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords, as well as Jack Conway, a Senate contender in Kentucky, in violation of NBC News policy.

Before his suspension was announced, Olbermann told Politico, "I did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level."

Olbermann has been critical of News Corp.'s donations to the Republican Governors Assn. this past cycle, and there has been some concern that his campaign contributions not only undermine those arguments but his attacks on spending by independent groups that do not have to disclose their donors.

News organizations typically bar employees from making campaign contributions, and although Olbermann is by no means an objective reporter and has not tried to portray himself as one, he still was apparently required to comply with the policy of the NBC News division.

Chris Hayes, a frequent on-air contributor, will fill in for Olbermann tonight.

His suspension is likely to set up a debate over whether cable news personalities, already unabashed in expressing political points of view or advocating for causes and even candidates, can also engage in elections via campaign contributions.

At Fox News, Sean Hannity has appeared at fund-raisers and has given to candidates and political action committees, including a contribution to Rep. Michele Bachmann's PAC in August.

But even among its commentators, Fox News has tried to reign in some activities. In April, Hannity was billed as the headliner at a Tea Party event and fund-raiser in Cincinnati, but the network ordered him not to participate. The network's VP of programming, Bill Shine, said at the time, "Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizers to use Sean Hannity's program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event." The action came just one week after News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch told a Washington forum, "I don't think we should be supporting the Tea Party or any party."