View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default going against the grain.....again

Well, I was out yesterday when this thread started. I am going to go against the grain here. I think Bruce was within his rights to post the thread and comments he posted. While I don't want to get political, or have the board get political, Keith O is a great collector, regardless of his political views and this is certainly newsworthy stuff in my opinion. I will probably get lambasted for my thoughts on this subject but that is ok. Folks will know how I feel. I feel that as long as it has to do with vintage cards then it can be talked about on the board. I probably wouldn't have even moved this thread but since another moderator did, then so be it. I won't reverse that decision by a colleague.

How freaking stale of a place would this be if the mods were censoring stuff all of the time. How can you know if you disagree with someone, or think they are an idiot , if we don't let them express themselves? "Disagreement" makes the world go around, and there will be a lot of it in this thread, no doubt. If someone thinks this board sucks because this thread is let go, well, that is their right to say that too. In a thread like this I doubt the participants can stay private if they make strong statements, but other than that, I see no big problem with it. As far as Keith making contributions to a political candidate that is between him and his company that he is contracted to work for. I have always had good dealings with him and consider him another fine collector. I have different political views than many of my good friends on the board but that doesn't mean we aren't friends. Friends can disagree with each other and still be civil. I hope that is the way the thread goes. Those are my thoughts as of now but I reserve the right to hear arguments and change my mind if I am persuaded to. best regards

BTW, I do disagree with Bruce's thoughts, I just prefer to let him express them.