View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default while I understand your points Dan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I'm not sure I've ever run across anyone on the internet who is less secure in themselves than Bruce. I hate to go all Bill Frist on him and diagnose him from afar, but he's got problems. He may pretend to be a nice guy in person, but that's only because he wants you to die so he can have your cards. Bruce can have all the money (and cards) in the world, but obviously that is not making him happy. His ENTIRE self worth lies in his collection and he lets us know that with every single post he makes.

And as far as I'm concerned this thread is an attack on a fellow forum member because Bruce would like to see him lose his collection. Perhaps Keith is only a lurker...I've seen him post a few times, but if any member here started a thread in which they'd like to see a fellow member lose their collection (And having a different political view is not provocation) they should be suspended or banned.
I have re-read this thread several times and given it some thought. While I understand your points Dan, I feel Keith (hi Keith if you are reading) is in the public eye and, as such, there will be people for and against him, and that is part of his celebrity. While I have no idea, and no care about Keith's finances, except I always hope everyone does well, part of his worth (and pay) is certainly based on his "celebrity". This stuff just comes with the territory. I didn't see Bruce wishing him any physical harm or being way too vulgar. I think we should all be civil on the board and Bruce is acting like jerk towards Keith, but I truly don't think he would try to physically harm him or anyone, in any way, except for defending himself. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. Bruce was only expressing his opinion about a public figure and posted a current news story.
And just like everyone else on the board, I defend your right to your opinion too. For the record, I think Keith O is a heck of a nice guy and a great collector. Our views on politics are different though. Now I will run to cover... best regards

Last edited by Leon; 11-06-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo