View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have re-read this thread several times and given it some thought. While I understand your points Dan, I feel Keith (hi Keith if you are reading) is in the public eye and, as such, there will be people for and against him, and that is part if his celebrity. While I have no idea, and no care about Keith's finances, except I always hope everyone does well, part of his worth (and pay) is certainly baseed on his "celebrity". This stuff just comes with the territory. I didn't see Bruce wishing him any physical harm or being way too vulgar. I think we should all be civil on the board and Bruce is acting like jerk towards Keith, but I truly don't think he would try to physically harm him or anyone, in any way, except for defending himself. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. Bruce was only expressing his opinion about a public figure and posted a current news story.
And just like everyone else on the board, I defend your right to your opinion too. For the record, I think Keith O is a heck of a nice guy and a great collector. Our views on politics are different though. Now I will run to cover... best regards
I completely disagree...He may be a celebrity, but since he has spent time in here, done many deals with lots of people here and most certainly lurks here then he should be afforded the same protections that ALL members should have.

Jeffrey Lichtman is somewhat of a celebrity, he is often in the news, and is frequently on WABC radio...if someone were to start a thread hoping he loses his collection because of something completely unrelated to the hobby I would think that was out of bounds.