View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightair View Post
I have been getting some low grade commons from Deans Cards lately for a project I am working on, and an interesting situation arose. It taught me something new, but maybe many of you already knew this. I really want to know what others think of this since it strikes me as, well, at least, odd, but maybe it happens everywhere and I just never noticed.

Please forgive me if I am repeating an old topic, but I searched files back 2 years and couldn't find a similar thread.

Here's what happened: I've been putting cards in my cart and when I reach $100 I pay and get a reduced shipping rate. On my way to my next $100 lot, something happened which you can follow from the verbatim email exchanges below...

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:42 PM, richard dingman wrote:

Hi,
Starting tonight I had in my cart 35 cards totaling $33.05.
I added one card for $0.85 to my cart and now my totals read 36 cards for over $7.6 million!
That's a little beyond my budget and my wife will kill me.
Can you please correct this??
Best,
Richard D
brightair

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:28:45 -0500
Subject: Re: error, please fix
To: brightair@msn.com
Hi Richard!

So sorry for the error. I have fixed the problem card in your cart, so you should be able to place your order. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jennifer Mills
Customer Service
DeansCards.com
513-898-0651

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM, richard dingman wrote:

Thanks Jennifer.
One thing, I thought I had 35 items for 33.05 and then I bought one card for 0.85, now I have 36 items for 34.80.
Something is wrong, did I make a mistake or did you?
Best,
Richard D

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:06:51 -0500

Richard,

One of the cards in your cart may have increased in price. When we have a high quantity of cards in stock the price goes down, but as the quantity goes down the price does increase. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Jennifer Mills
Customer Service
DeansCards.com
513-898-0651

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:23 PM, richard dingman wrote:

You mean that I can buy a card at a certain price and then after I buy it the price can go up??
That sounds weird.
If that's the case, please tell me which card went up and what the original price was and what the new price is and I will decide if I want to pay the new price.
I am not necessarily going to agree to pay any price you decide to raise it to without checking it out first.
Thanks much and look forward to this information.
Richard

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:38:08 -0500
Hi Richard,

Yes. Our prices are based on our inventory. The more quantity of a card that we have the deeper the discount that you will receive. This is to ensure that our customers get the best price possible. As you noticed earlier today we had some pricing issues. We have a software on our website that goes through our million card inventory and reprices all of our cards. It changes the prices of thousands of cards at a time. Because the cards are in your cart and you have not placed an order, those cards were still in stock and subject to change. I do not know specifically which card in your cart changed. Sorry for any inconvenience, if you have any more questions please let me know.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM, richard dingman wrote:

Jennifer,
Wonderful.
This is a surprise to me and I imagine might be to many Deans Cards customers, but I don't yet know.
To find out, I am going to start a thread on net54 detailing our conversation and see how many people know that you will change the price on cards that people have already put in their cart so that customers will end up paying more for cards than they intended to, and without their knowledge that it is happening, or for what cards it is happening.
To be fair, I will copy exactly our conversation thread so that people can see for themselves. Since their are literally thousands of card collectors who use net54, I am sure I will find out how many people already knew this (maybe I am the last to know), and also, all those who didn't know will then be advised.
Since I also belong to several online card trading groups (OBC, VCT, Dugout, etc) I will share the same info with them and get their feedback. They all buy a lot online so I'm sure they will want to know.
This way I will help you get the word out about Deans Cards. You can follow the thread yourself to see how it goes.
Thanks again for your help.
Richard Dingman
It seems a cart's cards can change prices before they are purchased. This is my take away from this thread....and Deans cards are way overpriced in general.