View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 08:03 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Default Van Lingle Mungo One-Man Show in L.A.

Net54,
With Leon's grace I want to promote a great show I had the pleasure of seeing last year. A board member (lurker more than poster) Peter Iverson (Marc Peter Reyna), long time OBC member and card collector has two things on the horizon. Peter has given me permission since he is not on the board all that much to post on his behalf.

First, the one man show, Mungo. I know many of you have seen the Christy Mathewson one man show by Eddie Frierson. This is in a similar vein but shorter in length. Van Lingle Mungo, a true baseball character, is brought to life by Peter in a fantastic way. I highly recommend seeing this if you are a fan of the Dodgers, baseball, love stories, or the theater. Tickets tend to go fast and last year it was a full house. If you are in Los Angeles or plan to be, I encourage you to see it. I have no financial stake in this either, just doing it for a friend.

In addition to his turn on the stage, Peter has a new fiction book coming out soon as well called "Diamond Stars" and is a baseball book, love story, and all around great read. Look for more information soon.

Joshua Levine