View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Definitely not true.
Actually, except for conspiracy theorists there is no authenticity question on the Black Swamp cards. The rest of the stuff I agree with and have almost always gone for rarity over condition.
I have held off bidding on some cards due to the scandal. I can't imagine collecting high grade stuff after what has been shown. But many, if not most collectors, have stuck their head in the sand or don't care if they have high grade altered cards in their collections. Personally it would bug me.

There could be several factors as to why PWCC isn't getting the prices right now. We all know what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I think the E98 Cobb didn’t receive a higher bid is because most collectors are concerned that tomorrow another 100 pristine Cobbs could show up — which brings all sorts of questions including relating to authenticity of these high grade E98s. And why spend 30K on a card like that when you can spend it on a rare Cobb which will stay rare? I’ve got an extensive Cobb collection and for these reasons I’d never buy a high grade E98 Cobb.

Last edited by Leon; 09-11-2019 at 07:26 AM.