View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Ethan

Are you suggesting that the PSA 9 E98 that sold last night in PWCC might not be authentic? If so, I disagree. Back to Pete's point, there were two other major auctions taking place when I picked up my 9.5, so potential bidders could have been tapped out or committed to other cards. Either way, I'm happy with my card and would likely have paid more for it if I had to. If you look around, I think that you will find that the high grade Ty Cobb E98s have sold recently in the $37,500 range...you can disagree with me, but my opinion is that they will continue to be sought after by collectors in the right auctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I think the E98 Cobb didn’t receive a higher bid is because most collectors are concerned that tomorrow another 100 pristine Cobbs could show up — which brings all sorts of questions including relating to authenticity of these high grade E98s. And why spend 30K on a card like that when you can spend it on a rare Cobb which will stay rare? I’ve got an extensive Cobb collection and for these reasons I’d never buy a high grade E98 Cobb.