View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

First of all, a big thank you to the a**holes over at PhotoBucket for ruining this thread (and millions of others).

I was born in 83' and started watching WWF towards the end of that decade, however, I was too small to understand and appreciate it. That didn't start until I was around 9 years old. The first wrestler to drive me nuts was the 1-2-3 Kid. I read in a magazine that he was a Tae Kwon Do expert and I was also enrolled in martial arts classes at that time. There were many other ways I identified with him.

Now I have always been interested in wrestling cards, but have never made any moves. Unfortunately, the cards manufactured in the 90s aren't worth sh*t, so I'm not going to waste my time going after them. I am leaning towards buying the 82' Wrestling All-Stars set, especially because I want the rookie cards of Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, but there are a few things that are bothering me: it looks to me as if these cards aren't really going anywhere price-wise. For example, the Hogan in PSA 9, which is probably the most popular wrestling card out there, has been stuck in the 2000 - 2500 range over the past few years. Compare that to PSA 9s of popular athletes from other sports; these cards have doubled, tripled or even quadrupled in value. Another issue is that most of the wrestlers featured in this set are people that I have never even heard of.

Anyhow, I will keep my eyes open and when the right time comes I'll pull the trigger.