View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:59 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcasterline View Post
As one of the owners, I feel its only correct to respond.

Lets see the collection before throwing out your opinion.

This seems like an unnecessarily unfriendly reply to a thread that was sharing information on your collection. Which opinion offended you so much that you saw the need to join the board? I apologize if my post didn't stroke your ego enough, but I don't think I've ever been anything but friendly and encouraging towards other collectors - at least until now.

The website says:

Hunt and Casterline built an amazing assemblage of these rookie cards that includes the highest graded card available for each member of the Hall of Fame.

If the PSA 9 Nagurski isn’t in the collection, then the collection doesn’t contain the highest graded of every rookie card. That's not an opinion. It's an observation that there is a factual misstatement. Where do you even see an opinion on the collection in this thread other than complimentary ones?

By mainstream I meant some collectors aren’t all that excited by the hobby defined rookie cards. For example 1955 cards of Don Hutson and Benny Friedman aren’t exactly period pieces. I was wondering if there are items in the collection like those displayed in this thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201392

Ultimately everyone should collect what makes them happy, regardless of the opinion of others, but for some collectors it isn’t about most expensive, for some it is. Good luck on getting the Nagurski - I hope you can pick it up for less than 151K - like you said there's no way to confirm the prior sale prices....

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 08-25-2016 at 09:27 PM.