View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Tell us of your experiences in completing (or near completing) your T206 set(s) ?

I will start with mine....in 1980 Bill Heitman published the first comprehensive book enlightening us on "The Monster"....as he coined it.
In 1981, I acquired my first T206 card......

. .

Chase was the start for my 1st T206 set, which I completed in the early 1990's (absent Joe Doyle, Plank & Wagner). This set consisted of
a random mixture of T-brand backs. It comprised of 521 cards (including Magie). I sold this set to a Net54 member in 1997.

I started collecting T206's again in 1999 and completed a 520-card set in 2004. This set's T-brand make-up included almost all the backs,
except for Broad Leaf 460, brown Lenox, brown Old Mill, and (if you will) Ty Cobb back.

In 2006, I broke up the above 2nd set in order to put together an all PIEDMONT set of 520 cards (absent Plank & Wagner). This 2nd set
included 171 cards with the PIEDMONT backs. With a 33% head start on this project. I acquired another 33% of the PIEDMONT cards that
I needed for this set by trading with Dave Czuba my cards with other backs for his PIEDMONT's. I completed this adventure November 11,
2006 (Magie was acquired subsequently). And, this set includes a "poor-man's" Joe Doyle error card in it.

In 2007, I embarked on quite a tough challenge to complete an all SOVEREIGN set. It proved to be a real challenge, because unlike the
PIEDMONT set, I had to figure out which subjects were the numerous NO-PRINTS in the SOVEREIGN set (which were unknown in 2007).
November 1, 2007, I completed the all SOVEREIGN set. A complete SOVEREIGN set comprises of 402 different subjects. In this process,
I generated a list of 122 subjects that are SOVEREIGN No-Prints. This list of SOVEREIGN No-Prints has stood the test of time.
Also, within this timeframe, I acquired the rare SOVEREIGN 460 cards of 5 of the 6 super-prints (thanks to Scot Reader). But, it took me
another 4 years to acquire the 6th super-print (red Cobb)....thanks to Larry Harris.

I followed up these 4 sets with an all SWEET CAPORAL, Factory #30 set. I was in no hurry to complete this T206 set. I completed it in
2 years. It comprises of 467 subjects (no Plank & Wagner). The SWEET CAP No-Prints in the Factory #30 set number exactly 55 subjects.

Many of you who have been on this forum since I joined (April 2005) know about my T206 sets. So, I'm reprising this info for the benefit
of the new Net54 members who haven't heard my story.

Hey guys,
Those are my story's....so, let's hear of your T206 adventures in completing your T206 set(s). I'm sure you have many interesting stories
to share with us.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 03-20-2020 at 03:30 PM.