View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default POLL: Trimmed Card Prices

Posted By: John

Hal here are my answers. Hope this helps. I like trimmed cards and am ok with them just wouldn’t pay close to retail for them. I tend to think that trimmed cards are only worth about 10-15% of the equal non-trimmed price. That’s the guidelines I’ve set up for my self, however with these I may be willing to pay more just because of rarity and supply vs. demand. With the exception of the Mantle and Paige.

Hal Can I add a card? T206 Magie : "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" looks VG-EX to EX??? $1-2k

1) A fairly nice VG-EX T206 Honus Wagner card with even wear that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC-TRIMMED"?? $25-40k

2) A fairly nice VG-EX T206 Ty Cobb w/Ty Cobb back card with even wear that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $4-7k

3) A fairly nice VG-EX T206 Plank card with even wear that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $5-8k

4) A fairly nice VG-EX 1914 Babe Ruth Baltimore News card with even wear that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $20k

5) A fairly nice VG-EX 1893 "Just So" Cy Young card with even wear that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $5-8k

6) A fairly nice VG-EX 1903 E107 Breisch Williams Christy Mathewson card with even wear that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $5-10k

7) A very nice MINT 1914 Cracker Jack Christy Mathewson card that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $5k

8) A very nice MINT 1949 Leaf Satchell Paige card that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $800-1k

9) A very nice MINT 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card that was in an SGC holder that said: "AUTHENTIC - TRIMMED" ??? $800-1500k