View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I'm not familiar with the Foundation checks that you're speaking of. Were they from when Babe was still alive or was it set up after he died? Do you have a photo of that check? I'd like to know what it looks like to keep an eye out for those.

Have you seen any "Babe Ruth" checks that have forgeries on them? I know people can make high quality prints of these from originals but I don't think I've ever seen any actual ink forgeries on a "Babe Ruth" period check. Maybe they do exist and I'm not aware of it.

I realize forgers will do anything and everything they can and will snatch up blank checks like that to forge. I've never seen any on Ruth's "Babe Ruth" checks. Mine is from the Chemical Bank, NY from 1936 made out to Claire and endorsed by Claire on the reverse.

I have no doubts as to my check but I realize their are other check types of Ruth out there and certainly one has to do their due diligence on a signature on any medium. I think I've seen some "voucher" checks that don't carry the "Babe Ruth" moniker on them which I don't know a whole lot about either.
The foundation was formed when he was alive. The check was dated during his lifetime. This forger may be a crook but he is not stupid.
I might have a copy of that check somewhere in my files on my computer or a printout. I will check that to see if I do have it.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-23-2014 at 07:43 AM.