View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM

I can't say I feel too sorry for the buyer. What's the old saying? A fool and his money shall soon be parted? This buyer clearly didn't do his/her research, because there were warning signs up the wazzoo...the red border, the fact that it was small for that card sleeve when, as another noted, a true card would fit snugly. And who sells a card like that un-certified (assuming it was real to begin with)? And I learned a long time ago that when a seller pulls the old "I found it at a relative's house," line, you run for the hills. Is the seller guilty of playing a game of semantics? Yes. Was it misleading? Absolutely. But all the signs were right there to determine the auction was bunk. Either the bidder had not properly educated him or herself on the card they were buying, or they thought they took the seller at his word as being unfamiliar with the "valuable" card he's trying to sell, and thought they'd get a bargain. Regardless, they probably learned a valuable lesson. Do your research, and don't buy this stuff uncertified without seeing in person...unless you can afford to lose your money.