View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStrikes View Post
agreed...kind of a latter version of Minnie Minoso (appearing - professionally, at least - in multiple decades, minus the needles *injections* - no offense, of course, implied or otherwise) to Minoso fans out there, of which I am one.

some - many? - may disagree with my / your opinions, but...Jose - for better or worse - has always been larger than life in many ways: go out and make a few extra bucks, keep yourself in shape / the spotlight (again, for better or worse), but I cannot begrudge the man for doing what he's gotta do to make some extra scratch.

dude was a monster for a number of years 1986-91, 1994-1998 - tainted or otherwise - but I admire your (Tanner) passion for his stuff, and hope your relationship with Jose and his family continues...NOT even insinuating that you're a "stalker" of Canseco, but rather admiring your perseverance and ability to hook up with Mr. "ball off the noggin" home run misplay, and that you've kept it personal - and fun.

looking forward to seeing a few Canseco "pitching" originals down the road in your custom cards.

DS
Thanks! I may never talk to him again ever, which is fine. I'm just happy what happened in the past While I may come across as a stalker to some, I'd say a large amount of my drive for collecting his cards solely is for the love of the cards themselves.