View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Do guys really collect these? I honestly always thought the buy backs were some stupid thing Topps did that real T206 collectors just cut open anyways.

And why would anyone spend all that time and energy committing fraud for what appears to equate to less than minimum wage?

Edited to add that I don't even collect T206....just going on what I've heard from many who do.
I certainly don't get it either. IF there is any doubting Thomas out there he admitted it to me twice on the phone, 2 different times. He said he had only done 6-7 of them. I think I have supporting docs behind every one of those things listed above. There could be 1-2 off but I don't think so. I have to believe it is the tip of the iceberg. When I confronted him on the phone he asked what he should do with the other few hundred cards he had? I told him to sell them as he got them, be 100% transparent, and if he takes a loss then that is the learning lesson. Anyone who has bought one of these from him, and is suspect at all, should politely request a refund. Please PM if that doesn't work and I will make another call. Ebay and Topps have been made aware, Ebay by myself and Topps by someone else.

Last edited by Leon; 08-09-2017 at 03:02 PM.